SOL Enhanced Lesson Plans
TTAC Online (www.ttaconline.org) is a web site that links people and resources to help children and youth with disabilities. The SOL Enhanced section of this web site contains links to the Math/English/Science/History SOL Enhanced Lesson Plans.
The Training and Technical Assistance Center (TTAC), Kellar Institute for Human disAbilities at George Mason University, in support of a grant from the Virginia Department of Education, provides technical assistance and professional development to school and related services personnel in Virginia Superintendent’s Region 4, who work with students with disabilities. Specifically, the TTAC staff work to improve instructional practices of those who work with students with disabilities in an effort to increase the academic success of these students. Particular attention is given to those schools struggling to meet the state standards for making adequate yearly progress on indicators established by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) and approved by the U.S. Department of Education.
The mission of Virginia's TTAC system is to improve educational opportunities and contribute to the success of children and youth with disabilities (birth - 22 years). The TTACs provide quality training and technical assistance in response to local, regional, and state needs. Their services increase the capacity of school personnel, service providers, and families to meet the needs of children and youth with disabilities.
TTAC Online (www.ttaconline.org) is a web site that links people and resources to help children and youth with disabilities. The SOL Enhanced section of this web site contains links to the:
- Mathematics SOL Enhanced Scope and Sequence Sample Lesson Plans
- English SOL Enhanced Scope and Sequence Sample Lesson Plans
- Science SOL Enhanced Scope and Sequence Sample Lesson Plans
- History/Social Science SOL Enhanced Scope and Sequence Sample Lesson Plans and
**SOL Enhanced Scope and Sequence PLUS lesson plans
**The History/Social Science SOL Enhanced PLUS lesson plans are a resource that has been created to provide Virginia teachers with a tool to deliver SOL-based instruction to a diverse population of learners. The History/Social Science SOL Enhanced PLUS lesson plans and activities are not only aligned with the SOL, they feature "specific options for differentiating this lesson" including: Technology use, Multisensory option, Community connection, Small group learning, Vocabulary strategies and Student organization of content.
How do I find them?
- Go to T/TAC Online: www.ttaconline.org and click on your region on the Virginia map
- Click on SOL Enhanced (at the top)
- Click on Search SOL+ Lessons (left margin)
- At Option 1- choose a subject area and choose a grade/course (if available) - click Go
- For History/Social Science, click on a SOL standard and click Submit (at bottom of page)
- Choose from the lessons listed for the standard
- Click on Word or PDF format to download lesson