- The Institute on Disability, University of New Hampshire The Institute on Disability is a member of the Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD), a network of 67 university-based Centers located in every state and territory in the United States.
- ATA - The Alliance for Technology Access A network of community-based resource centers dedicated to providing information and support services to children and adults with disabilities, and increasing their use of standard, assistive, and information technologies. Centers can be found all across the country.
- Teaching Students with Visual Impairments This is a web resource designed for all who are involved in educating students who are blind or visually impaired.
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN) Provides information about job accommodation and the employability of people with disabilities
- Washington DC Special Resources Web Page The Washington DC Special Resources website is dedicated to families in the metropolitan Washington DC area who are in search of assistance with their special needs child. The links provided are intended to help parents with research, find answers to medical and educational questions and locate recreational activities.
- The Learning Disabilities Association of America LDA is the only national organization devoted to defining and finding solutions for the broad spectrum of learning disabilities.
- Learning Disabilities Association of Virginia The Learning Disabilities Association of Virginia (LDAV) is a state-level affiliate of the Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA). Our organization focuses on enhancing educational and vocational services for individuals with learning disabilities who live in Virginia while supporting the efforts of LDA at the national level.
- National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (NLS), Library of Congress NLS administers a free library program of braille and recorded materials circulated to eligible browsers through a network of cooperating libraries.
- ASAH Serving Individuals with Special Needs A professional organization of private schools and agencies in New Jersey which provides highly specialized services to more than 9,500 children and adults with special needs.
- United Cerebral Palsy Advancing the independence productivity and full citizenship of people with cerebral Palsy and other disabilities.
- The Lighthouse for the Blind The Lighthouse for the Blind is an independent, nonprofit agency supported by the community, grants and the sale of products manufactured by blind workers employed there.
- Disability Services - Commonwealth of Virginia Links to sites providing services to assist individuals with disabilities to become independent, employed, and enjoy a better quality of life.
- AAIDD: American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities AAIDD promotes progressive policies, sound research, effectiv practices, and universal human rights for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- ARC: National Organization of Mental Retardation The Arc is the oldest and largest advocacy organization dealing with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the world.
- The U-M Software Archives List of old software resources
- AUDIBLOX A home study course offering omprehensive programs for Dyslexia and the possibility of overcoming the effects of Attention Deficit Disorders (ADD) http://www.audiblox.com
- Pulsedata HumanWare HumanWare products are designed to last, to grow (and in many cases, to go) with the user. Giving them the independence to compete effectively with peers, to feel connected - to be a vital part of the global information age in which we live.
- Totware -shareware/freeware resource Free or nearly free software resources.
- Paying For Senior Care This website helps aging Americans and their families discover and understand their financial options for long term care. It offers a searchable database of over 400 programs that help pay for or can reduce the cost of care be that home care, assistive technology or making home modifications.
- Very Special Arts An international organization that creates learning opportunities through the arts for people with disabilitiesThe Instant Access Treasure Chest
- SCHOOL TALK Shows A half-hour weekly TV/Internet talk show about education related issues.
See also the archive of past initiatives and projects.